Advantech Extension XC-RS485 port for routers and modems
Advantech B+B Smartworx routers and modems offer one or more positions for optional interfaces. Thanks to this you may customize the hardware interface according to the relevant application. This modular design lets you change interfaces in the future, or add an interface that is not currently supported. Fro this smart solution we offer this board, which expands you Advantech device by RS485.
The RS485 port is designed as an extension board that allows the direct use of additional hardware interfaces for Advantech routers and modems. Physically, this interface is connected to the RJ45 connector on the appropriate router or modem. Power to the RS485 port is provided internally from the router or modem. The R485 converter is protected against bus overload.
• Basic surge protection
• RS485 or RS422 selection using on-board switches
• Possibility of galvanic isolation using switches on the board
• Operating temperature: -30 to +60 °C
• RS485 Max. total cable length (300 Bd, 200nF / km): 1200 m
• Standards: EN 55022 / B, ETS 300 342, EN 60950
The XC-RS485 extension board supports all v2 routers except Libratum, ER75i, UR5, UR5i, XR5i, CGU04i, CDX800, CDE7.