Thales Cinterion MV31-W Modem Card
The Thales Cinterion® MV31-W IoT modem card delivers high-performance mobile broadband 5G (eMBB) connectivity for IoT applications such as industrial routers and gateways, industrial computers and tablets in both Stand Alone (SA) and None Stand Alone (NSA) modes.
It supports FR1 bands below 6 GHz and FR2 mmWave, which allow data transmission of 6 Gb / s downlink and 2 Gb / s uplink, as well as LTE Cat.20 / Cat.13 and 3G networks.
The MV31-W card is in a compact design of 42 mm x 30 mm x 2.5 mm. Integrated dual SIM card - eSIM enhances security, authenticates devices, encrypts data and securely manages connections to cellular networks.
The extremely rugged modem card supports easy migration from 2G to 3G networks via LTE Advanced to 5G networks.
The device delivers advanced positioning technology with dual-frequency GNSS supporting GPS, Glonass, Beidou, and Galileo.
The MV31-W is offered in a single global variant delivering connectivity for 5G, Advanced LTE DL-Cat.20, and UL-Cat.13, also supporting fall-back to 3G HSPA+ if needed.
The module supports 4x4 MIMO antenna connections shared with GNSS reception for sub-6GHz operation while providing interfaces for 4x connectors for MIMO antennas (shared with GNSS).
The MV31-W supports carrier aggregation, allowing Mobile Network Operators to combine two or more carriers into one data channel for enhanced data capacity, improved peak user performance, and optimized use of spectrum.
This modem card was awarded as the best product in its category with the IoT 5G Leadership Award 2020.
• 5G SA and NSA (3GPP Release 15)
- FR1 FDD-LTE Bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n66, n71
- FR1 TD-LTE Bands: n38, n41, n77, n78, n79
- FR2 mmWave: n257, n258, n260, n261
• LTE Advanced-Pro (3GPP Release 15)
• FDD-LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71
• TD-LTE Bands: 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46 (LAA), 48 (CBRS)
• UMTS/HSPA+ (3GPP Release 8):
- FDD Bands: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 19
• Optional mmWave support
• Worldwide coverage in single SKU
• 5G Standalone (SA) and Non-Standalone (NSA) Support
• Integrated Dual Frequency GNSS: Simultaneous L1 and L5 supporting GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou
• Dual SIM with embedded eSIM support
• Supply voltage range 3.14V - 4.8V
• Dimensions (W x L x H): 30mm x 42mm x 2.5 mm -
• Smallest 5G M.2 data card 30x42
• Temperature range: Extended operation -40 °C to +85 °C
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.