Thales Gemalto Cinterion BGS2 Terminal RS232
Terminal Cinterion BGS2 is a GSM/GPRS that incorporates the most recent generation of wireless 2G modems equipped with GSM baseband/GPRS Quad-Band, TCP/IP connectivity based on GPRS data transmission in class 10, and an extremely Low Power Consumption.
Terminal BGS2 Rel.2 (Cinterion modem GSM) offers fast integration and a reliable cost-effective M2M communication solution for various industrial applications, such as measurement, security, transport, remote monitoring or control and many others.
• GSM Quad-Band:850/900/1800/1900 MHz
• GPRS multi-slot class 10
• Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+3GPP Release 99
• Output power: Class 4 (2W) for GSM850
Class 4 (2W) for GSM900
Class 1 (1W) for GSM1800
Class 1 (1W) for GSM1900
• SIM Application Toolkit Rel.99
• Control via AT commands (Hayes, 3GPP TS 27.007 and 27.005)
• TCP/IP stack access via AT commands
• Internet Services: FTP, ICMP, DNS, TCP server & client, UDP client, HTTP, SMTP, POP3, Transparent Mode
• Supply voltage range: 8 - 30 V
• Dimension: 80 × 55 × 23 mm (excluding connectors)
• Operation Temperature Ranges: -30 °C to +85 °C
• Weight 65 g
• RoHS and EuP compliant
• GPRS class 10: DL: max. 85.6 kbps, UL: max. 42.8 kbps
The package doesn´t contain accessories.
SECTRON recommends to buy the following accessories:
AM-RT-POWR - Power supply 12V / 1A, RJ12 connector
AM-35T-USRS - Data cable USB to RS-232 cable, L=45cm
AO-AGSM-SMVS - Antenna GSM Stick 180°, Dual-band, 2dBi, SMA(m)
AO-AGSM-SMVS1 - Antenna GSM Stick 180°, 2dBi, SMA(m)
AO-AUMTS-G402S - Antenna UMTS/GSM 402, Stick 90°/180°, 2 dBi, SMA(m)
AM-BGST-DINW - Mounting kit for DIN rail (WAGO 209-188) for BGS2T
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.