Thales Gemalto Cinterion PLS8-US-Rel.4
The new Gemalto Cinterion PLS8-US - LTE cellular machine-to-machine (M2M) module offers a smart solution for wireless connectivity today and in the future. With the newest 3GPP Rel. 9 LTE technology, PLS8 is optimized for high bandwidth computing, enabling speeds up to 100 Mbps for downlink and 50 Mbps for uplink.
In terms of deployment, backward compatibility and unified HW design, it is compatible with the Industrial Plus series, covering worldwide LTE, 3G, 2G, and CDMA technologies.
Module Cinterion Cinterion PLS8-US Rel.4 is available for America.
• PLS8-US-Quad Band LTE: 700/850/AWS(1700/2100)/1900 MHz, FDD-Band (17,5,4,2)
• Tri Band UMTS (WCDMA): 850AWS(1700/2100)/1900 MHz,FDD-Band (5,4,2)
• Quad Band GSM/GRPS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
• Technology, Frequency 4G (LTE) - Quad Band, 3G (W-CDMA) - Triple Band, 2G (GSM)
• Data transmissions LTE (4G): UE CAT 3, 2x2 MIMO for DL, 100/50 Mbps
• 3G (W-CDMA) data transfers: UE CAT. 14, 24, DC-HSPA + DL 42 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
• EDGE Data Broadcasts: Multislot Class 12, 240 kbps
• GPRS Data Streams: Multislot Class 12, 80 kbps
• Insertion: LGA, 156 pins
• Audio analog / digital interface: No / Yes (1x PCM or I2S)
• USB interface: USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbit / s) device interface, Full Speed (12Mbit / s) compliant
• Serial interface: 1x, fixed speed 115200 bps
• Java embedded: No.
• GNSS: GPS & GLONASS NMEA 0183 V2.3 protocol
• Dimensions 33 x 29 x 2.2mm
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.