Thales Gemalto Cinterion PLS83-X2 Rel.1.1
The wireless module Thales Cinterion PLS83-X2 Rel.1.1 provides high-speed global IoT connectivity delivering 10 Band LTE Cat.4 with 3G fallback for seamless coverage across a wide variety of different wireless networks.
Offering IoT optimized speeds of 150 Mbit/s download and 50 Mbit/s uplink, It is ideal for industrial IoT applications that require high-speed data, optimal coverage and stability of LTE networks, such as global tracking and tracing, industrial gateways, points of sale and transportation solutions.
The PLS83 is part of an agile suite of IoT modules that offer either LTE Cat.4 or LTE Cat.1 cellular connectivity, in both global and or regional variants. In other words, for each global and regional PLS83 variant, a compatible Cinterion PLS63 LTE Cat.1 module is available offering MTC connectivity for applications that require greater efficiency versus high speed and bandwidth.
Module Cinterion PLS83-X2 Rel.1.1 is available for North America AT&T Verizon.
An optional embedded SIM strengthens security, authenticates devices, encrypts data and securely manages connections to cellular networks.
• 3GPP Rel.9 Compliant Protocol Stack
• FDD-LTE: bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 66
• TD-LTE: bands 38, 40, 41
• UMTS (WCDMA/FDD): bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 19
• Quad Band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
• Integrated GNSS support (GPS/BeiDou/GLONASS/Galileo)
• SIM Application Toolkit, letter classes b, c, e with BIP and RunAT support
• Control via standardized and extended AT commands (Hayes, TS 27.007 and 27.005)
• Embedded IP stack with IPv4 and IPv6 support
• TCP/IP stack access via AT command and transparent TCP/UDP services
• Secure Connection with TLS/DTLS
• Internet Services TCP/UDP server/client, DNS, Ping, HTTP, SMTP, FTP client
• LGA pad soldering mount, MSL3
• Supply voltage range: 3.0 - 4.5 V
• Dimension: 33 x 29 x 2.6 mm
• Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
• RoHS compliant
• USB Interface features a composite mode, compliant to
• Windows, Linux and Mac
• Firmware update via USB and ASC
• RLS Monitoring (Jamming detection)
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.
More information can be found in the documents for download.