Thales Gemalto Cinterion BGS12 Rel.2 M
The Thales Gemalto Cinterion BGS12 Rel.2 M wireless module provides a reliable GSM/GPRS connection. The Cinterion BGS12 supports four GSM bands (850/900/1800/1900) and has a smart battery management system that extends battery life. The module allows transfer rates of 85.6 kbps for download and 85.6 kbps for upload. Dual SIM with smart switching technology securely manages connections to mobile networks and encrypts data.
BGS12 can be used in any IoT application where a strict connection to 2G networks is required, which helps to save energy. The popular LGA module design is compatible with most Cinterion modules, covering the 2G, 3G, NB-IoT technologies used worldwide.
The BGS12 Rel.2 M module is designed for installation on a size M board.
• 3GPP R99 Compliant Protocol Stack
• Quad-Band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz)
• GPRS multi-slot class 12
• Control via standardized and extended AT commands (Hayes, TS 27.007 and 27.005)
• Embedded IP stack with IPv4 support
• TCP/IP stack access via AT command and transparent
• TCP/ UDP services
• Voice support
• Internet Services TCP/UDP server/client, HTTP client, FTP client, DNS, IMCP
• SIM Application Toolkit, letter classes C, E with BIP support
• LGA pad soldering mount, MSL4
• Supply voltage range: 3.3 - 4.5 V
• Dimension: 27.6 x 18.8 x 2.7 mm
• Weight: approx. 2.29 g
• Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.