Thales Cinterion EGX81 Gateway RS485 Rel.2
Cinterion EGX81 Gateway RS485 Rel.2 is a new product in the field of IoT, which is characterized by simplicity and provides highly effective global MTC connectivity (Machine Type Communication). This compact EGX81 supports the LTE bands Cat.M1, Cat.NB1 and Cat.NB2 as well as quad-band GSM. Integrated eSIM authenticates devices, encrypts data, and provides connections to cellular networks. A simple and reliable plug-and-play mobile connection quickly connects the Cinterion EGX81 to your computer, so there's no need to install device drivers.
With a robust enclosure and a range of highly-efficient network technologies optimized for IoT, the Cinterion EGX81 is ideal for battery-powered devices. The EGX81 Rel.2 gateway is suitable for use in applications for remote maintenance and control, smart meters, smart cities, vending machines, sensors and healthcare.
This particular device is equipped with a 6-pin connector with RS485 interface and also an SMA (f) connector for connecting an external antenna.
• LTE cat. M1/NB1/NB2
• FDD bands - LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 66
• Quad-band GSM: 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
• SIM Application Toolkit with BIP protocol support (change of operator profile)
• Control via standardized commands (Hayes, TS 27.007 and 27.005) and Gemalto M2M AT commands
• Integrated access to the IPv4 and IPv6 TCP / IP stack via AT command and transparent TCP / UDP services
• Internet services: TCP server/client, UDP client, DNS, Ping, HTTP client, FTP client, MQTT client
• Secure connection via TLS/DTLS
• Supply voltage range: 5 - 30 V
• Integrated eSIM
• Dimensions: 80 x 55 x 23 mm (without connectors)
• Operating temperature: -30 °C to + 75 °C
• Weight 65 g
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.