Thales Cinterion EGX82-W Gateway USB
The new Thales Cinterion EGX82 IoT Gateway is a plug-n-play device that offers global LTE Cat.M or NB-IoT connectivity with 2G fallback for legacy or new equipment. The new gateway adds support for USB 2.0 and embedded processing via the Cinterion SDK ThreadX.
The Thales Cinterion EGX82 gateway connects sensors and smart devices to the cloud and gives devices access to the Internet with edge-computing.
LTE Cat.M technology supports data download speeds of up to 300 kbps. Thanks to the robust housing, this gateway is ideal for industrial operation at temperatures from -30° to +75° C. It has a driver for Windows® 10/11 and Linux distributions; as well as a trusted identity for easy enrollment into public IoT clouds and an optional eSIM.
The plug-n-play EGX82 offers reliable and efficient global coverage and is suitable for low-power applications. The affordable LTE gateway is perfect for remote maintenance & control, smart meters, smart cities, vending machines, agriculture, connected sensors and healthcare applications.
• LTE Cat. M1/NB1/NB2
FDD-LTE Bands for LTE Cat M1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 66, 85
FDD-LTE Bands for LTE Cat NB1/NB2: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 66, 71, 85
Quad-band GSM: 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
• Transmission speeds LTE Cat.M DL: max. 300 kbps, UL: max. 1.1 Mbps
• SIM Application Toolkit with BIP
• Control via standardized commands (Hayes, TS 27.007 and 27.005) and Gemalto M2M AT commands
• Embedded IPv4 and IPv6 TCP/IP stack access via AT command and transparent TCP/UDP services
• Internet Services: TCP server/client, UDP client, DNS, Ping,HTTP client, FTP client, MQTT client
• Secure connection using TLS/DTLS
• Supply voltage range: 5 - 30 V
• Firmware update via USB serial interface
• Firmware update wirelessly via Cinterion IoT Suite
• Dimensions: 80 x 55 x 23 mm (excluding connectors)
• Operating temperature: -30°C to +75°C
• Weight: 65 g
Technical parameters can be found in the attached datasheet.