Thales Gemalto Cinterion EMS3-X Rel.3
The EMS31-X Rel.3 from Thales Gemalto is a LTE Cat. M1 wireless module designed for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and industrial Internet of Things (IoT) applications. It provides speeds of up to 300 kbps downlink and 375 kbps uplink with an extended battery life of 10+ years. This chipset is capable of supporting more than 10 frequency bands from a single hardware device and will be able to run LTE NB-IoT protocols on the same hardware, giving customers a future-proof path to the latest network standards. The EMS31-US Rel.2 is designed for the American provider.
• LTE (FDD) 3GPP Release 13:
EMS31-US: LTE (2,4,12)
EMS31-V: LTE (4,13)
EMS31-X: LTE (2,4,12,13)
EMS31-J: LTE (1,8,18,19) EMS31-W: LTEMultiband
• Compatible with Cinterion® Industrial module footprint
• Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007 and 27.005)
• Cinterion® ATcommands
• Supply voltage range 3.3 - 4.5 V
• Dimensions: 27.6 x 18.8 x 2.1 mm
• Operating temperature Range -40 °C to +85 °C
• IP services transparent and nontransparent TCP/UDPclient& server, HTTP/FTP/SMP client, TLS support forTCP/UDP/HTTP/FTP/SMTPclients
• Weight: 2.7 g
• Full Gemalto M2M AT command set and services
• Control via AT commands (Hayes, 3GPP TS 27.007and27.005)
• SIM Application Toolkit, Rel. 99
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.