Thales Gemalto Cinterion PLS83-EP
Cinterion PLS83-EP is a Thales Gemalto 4G wireless module that provides connectivity with 2G/3G backup devices 18 Band LTE Cat.4, Seven Band 3G UMTS/WCDMA and Quad-Band GSM.
It is ideal for demanding industrial IoT applications that require speed and optimal coverage, such as global tracking and tracing, industrial gateways and transportation solutions. These applications require high-speed data, long life, stability of 4G networks, and continuous coverage in areas where a LTE network is not available.
The PLS83 IoT module offers DL transmission speeds: max. 150 Mbit/s and UL: max. 50 Mbit/s.
Module Cinterion PLS83-EP is available for Europe and Asia.
• 3GPP Rel.9 Compliant Protocol Stack
• FDD-LTE: bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 66
• TD-LTE: bands 38, 40, 41
• UMTS (WCDMA/FDD): bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 19
• Quad Band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
• Integrated GNSS support
• SIM Application Toolkit, letter classes b, c, e with BIP and
• RunAT support
• Control via standardized and extended AT commands (Hayes, TS 27.007 and 27.005)
• Embedded IP stack with IPv4 and IPv6 support
• TCP/IP stack access via AT command and transparent
• TCP/UDP services
• Secure Connection with TLS/DTLS
• Internet Services TCP/UDP server/client, DNS, Ping, HTTP,
• SMTP, FTP client
• LGA pad soldering mount, MSL3
• Supply voltage range: 3.0 - 4.5 V
• Dimension: 33 x 29 x 2.6 mm
• Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
• RoHS compliant
• USB Interface features a composite mode, compliant to
• Windows, Linux and Mac
• Firmware update via USB and ASC
• RLS Monitoring (Jamming detection)
• Informal Network Scan
• Cell ID based Location Support
• Module Services
• Embedded Processing (optional)
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.
Technical parameters can be found in the attached datasheet.