TRIMBLE Thunderbolt E GPS Disciplined Clock
Precise GPS Clock for Wireless Infrastructure
The Trimble® Thunderbolt® E GPS Disciplined Clock is Trimble's latest offering for GPS synchronization devices targeting the wireless infrastructure. This fifth-generation GPS clock combines a 12-channel GPS receiver, control circuitry, and a high-quality ovenized oscillator on a single board, providing increased integrity and reliability at a lower size and cost.
The Thunderbolt E's level of integration makes it a perfect solution for precise timing applications in the wireless industry. Among its uses are synchronizing the E911 positioning infrastructure and maximizing bandwidth for a wireless local loop. The architecture is comparable to systems currently used to maintain the tough CDMA, WiMax, and LTETDD holdover specification. TheThunderbolt E is available in its enclosure, or as an OEM board.
The Thunderbolt E GPS clock outputs a 10 MHz reference signal and a 1 PPS signal with an over determined solution synchronized to GPS or UTC time. The PPS output accommodates applications requiring sub-microsecond timing. The Trimble T-RAIM (Time-Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitor) algorithm is used to monitor satellites to ensure signal integrity. Matching the Thunderbolt E GPSClock with the Trimble Bullet™antenna creates a system that provides reliable performance in hostile R/F environments. The system can be easily calibrated for different cable lengths. The high level of integration and volume production techniques make the Thunderbolt E GPS Disciplined Clock an extremely cost-competitive timing solution for volume synchronization applications.
• OCXO provides stable 10 MHz and 1 PPS output to maximizes bandwidth
• Combined GPS receiver and ovenized oscillator on one board
• Exceeds holdover specifications of 8 μs over 24 hours
• High volume manufacturing provides reliable low-cost products
• Small form-factor idea in its case or as a board only can be embedded into digital broadcast applications as a cost-effective frequency source
• Provides reliable performance in hostile RF environments
• Extremely cost-competitive timing solution for volume synchronization applications due to a high level of integration and volume production techniques
Technical parameters can be found in the attached datasheet.