Thales Gemalto Cinterion MLP31-W (in M.2 design)
Cinterion MLP31-W (in M.2 design) is a wireless module with support for LTE Cat.16 connectivity, which offers transmission speeds of up to 1 Gbps. The module is therefore extra suitable for the most demanding applications that require very high transfer rates and flexibility. In addition to* LTE technology*, the module also offers connection backup in the form of 3G technology.
The advantage of the module also includes the extended temperature range, which makes it ideal for use in industry. Communication is ensured using the PCI express M.2 interface. USB 3.0 communication is also supported. Among other things, the MLA31-W also supports GNSS technology or the possibility of using Dual SIM. The module also supports the form of 4x4 MIMO communication, which significantly increases the throughput and capacity of the entire network.
eSIM integrated in platform modules during manufacturing strengthens security, authenticates devices, encrypts data and securely manages connections to cellular networks.
• LTE Category 16 Multi-mode with 3G fallback
• Worldwide coverage on a single SKU, LAA support
• Private networks critical communication ready – CBRS, Firstnet support
• Extended temperature range for Industrial applications: -40 to +85°C
• PCI express M.2 Module
• 4x4 MIMO (4 antenna interfaces), configurable to 2x2 MIMO Operation
• Integrated GNSS (GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo)
• Dual SIM interface with SIM detect and optional eSIM onboard
• USB3.0 interface
• Driver support for Windows 10, Linux and Android
• Global approvals
The Thales Group is, among other fields, a major manufacturer of Gemalto Cinterion wireless modules and the world leader in encryption and digital security as a manufacturer of payment and identification card chips. SECTRON is a European authorized distributor of Gemalto.
Technical parameters can be found in the attached datasheet.