MV31 is a new wireless IoT modem card from Thales Gemalto with support for 5G networks. It provides high-performance mobile broadband Internet for IoT applications such as industrial routers, gateways, computers or tablets in Stand Alone (SA) and None Stand Alone (NSA) modes. In 2020, the modem even won the "Best in Class" award at the IoT 5G Leadership Award for supporting FR1 sub-6GHz and FR2 mmWave bands for high data download speeds of up to 6 Gbit / s and 2 Gbit / s uplink with LTE backup Cat.20 / Cat.13 and 3G networks.
Thanks to the variability of the connection, the module supports global coverage both in urban areas and in regions where 5G is still on the growth.
Compact, rugged IoT design
MV31-W is made in the form of an M.2 card and is placed in a package measuring 42 mm x 30 mm x 2.5 mm with support for two SIM cards, it is an industrial product designed for long life and continuous performance.
The device offers an advanced combination of positioning technologies with dual-frequency GNSS. The GPS unit consists of receivers for GPS, Glonass, Beidou and Galileo.
The module supports the connection of 4x4 MIMO antennas shared with GNSS reception for operation up to 6 GHz and at the same time provides an interface for 3 x 2in1 antenna connectors for the operation of mmWave operations.
Cinterion MV31-W provides carrier aggregation, which allows mobile network operators to combine multiple carriers within a single data channel, greatly increasing transmission capacity.
The MV31-W is available in a global version that supports 5G, LTE Cat.20 and also 3G HSPA + when reconnection is required.
• 5G band: FR1 FDD-LTE Bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n66, n71
FR1 TD-LTE Bands: n38, n41, n77, n78, n79
FR2 mmWave: n257, n258, n260, n261
• FDD-LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71
• FDD-LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18,19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71
• TD-LTE Bands: 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46 (LAA), 48 (CBRS)
• UMTS / HSPA + (3GPP Release 8): FDD Bands: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 19
• Optional mmWave support
• 5G Standalone (SA) and Non-Standalone (NSA) Support
• Integrated dual-frequency GNSS: simultaneous L1 and L5 supporting GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou
• Dual SIM with embedded eSIM support
• PCIe 3.0 / USB 3.1 Gen.2 SuperSpeed
• Supply voltage range: 3.14 V - 4.8 V
• Operating temperature: 40 °C to + 85 °C
Do you have a specific requirement and do not know if a particular MV31-W module meets it? Contact us, we will be happy to advise you.