GSM Ethernet Modem BGS5
• durable aluminum box
• 2 ports – Ethernet a USB
• GSM modem for servers
• the possibility of own JAVA application
The modem in an industrial metal aluminum case which is suitable for installation into a control cabinet.
The modem is equipped with a GSM module Cinterion BGS5.
This modem is especially determined for servers thanks to a standard Ethernet interface. The modem communicates via TCP/IP and AT (UDP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3). The modem can be also used in a situation where there is no GSM signal near a controlling PC.
Example of usage: automatic ordering system or information about a status of clients orders – You need to receive SMS from your clients into a database in a server or you need to send SMS from a database in a server to your clients mobile phones.
It is possible to download your own JAVA application into a modem. JAVA offers easy and fast application development, a broad choice of tools, high code reusability, easy maintenance, a proven security concept, on-device debugging as well as multi-threading programming and program execution.
BGS5 GPRS Java Terminal LAN is particularly suited for industrial applications for measurement, remote access, security applications.
The use of this device is very closely related to the function of the programmed Java application.
Here are some practical examples of how to use this modem:
• Can serve as a smart gate for more ETH sensors and devices.
• SMTP guard programmed in Java - the device would be able to alert the service provider by SMS about an ongoing DDoS attack.
• To reset a device with an ETH interface – using a call or SMS.
• A UPS system that can inform users by SMS about switch to a backup source.
• Thanks to the extension of the line using ETH cable, it is possible to bridge the hazardous environment – e.g. when measuring gas status.
• Remote access to device / server using Java application (Telnet / SSH).
• Telnet log from the console using the POP3, IMAP, SMTP protocol (Mail Function Verification).
Ethernet interface of GSM-BGS5-EEM use a module for communication via Ethernet, its configuration is possible:
• via programme for MS Windows – it is not needed to know the IP address
• via the WEB browser – it is needed to know the IP address Supported modes
• TCP Server – listen on TCP port for a connection, accept it and connect to ASC0 port of GSM modem.
• TCP Client – continuously try to set a TCP connection with IP address and port. After succeeding, connect it to ASC0 port of GSM modem. If the connection is interrupted, it tries again to connect it.
• UDP Server – listen on UDP port. If obtains data, send them via ASC0 port to GSM modem and the answer send to IP address and UDP port of sender.
• UDP Client – send data from a modem to IP address and UDP port.
• HTTPD Client
• Ethernet Watchdog
• Ethernet module automatically restarts after a certain time if no data goes through the modem and there is no TCP connection, This behavior is possible to forbid and could be set in menu Misc Config in line Reset Timeout.
The commercial packaging does not include any accessories, it is needed to order it separately, especially you need an antenna, power supply, cable RS232 and Ethernet cable.
SECTRON recommends to buy the following accessories:
AM-RT-FPOWR - Power supply 12V / 1A, L=1.4m, w/o connector, open
AM-35T-USRS - Data cable USB to RS-232 cable, L=45cm
AO-AGSM-SMVS - Antenna GSM Stick 180°, Dual-band, 2dBi, SMA(m)
AO-AGSM-SMVS1 - Antenna GSM Stick 180°, 2dBi, SMA(m)
AO-AUMTS-G402S - Antenna UMTS/GSM 402, Stick 90°/180°, 2 dBi, SMA(m)
More information can be found in the attached datasheet.